Sunday 18 August 2013

Beauty Favourites

This isn't a beauty blog it’s an eclectic blog and in any case most of the girls who do write beauty blogs are younger than me and know their subject better.

However I can speak from experience so here are a couple of my skin care favourites.

Firstly for everyday cleansing – washing your face – I use Face: UK Facial wash.


I've tried many other (considerably) more expensive brands but I always come back to this one.

It’s a budget brand but often surprisingly difficult to find. 

It's 99p from Fragrance Direct (when they have it) and about £2.99 full price.


Why do I like it?

Because it’s gentle, no ‘bits’ to scour your skin, no foaming agent to dry it out, it just gently cleanses away the grime and leaves your face feeling clean, soft and ready to face the day.


What more do you need?

And to follow:


I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter Daily Calming Lotion to moisturise my skin




It's described on the pack as a 'Lightweight Moisturizer' but there's nothing lightweight about this.

It isn't a watery lotion it goes on like the quality face cream it is giving lasting moisture without stickiness.

My skin feels soft and moisturised for hours after applying it.

It even has a nice fragrance. 

So there you have my all time favourite skin care combination.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Daily Calming Lotion is widely available from Boots, Superdrug etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment



All posts are moderated so there may be a slight delay publishing your comment.