Saturday 17 August 2013

Eviscerate your wardrobe


Today is the day which, as the self-help manuals would have it, I get to ‘rid myself of things which do not serve me’

Yesterday I cleared out *the cupboard* the one where everything I might need one day gets thrown. 

Half of its contents have been disposed of and I can now see everything I have in there; even the air seems fresher.

When I moved around a lot clutter never accumulated because each time I packed to go any that had went straight into a bin bag. 

But now I've stayed in the same place for several years it’s much more difficult to keep on top of it.

Today it’s the wardrobes turn to be eviscerated - I take everything out and it doesn't go back in if it...

Doesn't fit

Is worn out now

I simply don’t like it

It matches nothing 

It was probably a mistake from the moment my fingers first went into my purse to pay for it.

It’s a very cleansing experience.

Don't get me started on how the best way to arrange your wardrobe is by colour, that way you find outfits you never knew you had...

As The Fonz once said:





‘You don’t own possessions, possessions own you’

Or if you prefer the William Morris version 

‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.’

This isn't a William Morris design.

(To be honest I find his work dark and far too busy.)


This is 'Seated Hare and Fruiting Foliage' by William de Morgan



I was lucky enough to find a copy of it in a charity shop. 

It has a lovely hand-painted wood frame and will NEVER go onto the not needed on voyage pile.



No comments:

Post a Comment



All posts are moderated so there may be a slight delay publishing your comment.